During the Middle Ages, silver spoons were given by wealthy relatives and godparents to babies as christening gifts. Because of silver’s purifying and antibiotic properties, if those wealthy babies became ill, their health was known to be restored by placing those silver spoons in their mouths for a length of time. As one would imagine, babies born into poverty would sometimes die of the same illness as the wealthy babies without the benefit of silver.
Even though silver was one of the few antimicrobial treatments used by physicians before the discovery of antibiotic drugs, it is frowned upon by today’s Western Medical Industry. They think it is dangerous and has no healing merit.
So, do your own research carefully if you’re making the decision to use Colloidal Silver instead of over-the-counter or prescribed antibiotics. With all due respect to those experts in their field, they do have a huge financial interest in keeping you sick and medicated on traditional prescription drugs over a long period of time.
Also, yes, there have been those rare cases, out of tens of thousands of normal experiences, where the skin of individuals taking Colloidal Silver actually turned blue. Yikes! How much were they ingesting and for how long?
Here are MY reasons for continuing to use this natural element, relying on the historic findings on silver, in general, and Colloidal Silver, in particular, not the opinions of individuals who have a financial stake in the game with the treatment of illnesses and diseases.
- HIPPOCRATES – Studies show Hippocrates, the “father of medicine,” believed silver had beneficial healing and anti-disease properties. He proved silver was good for tissue repair and wound healing.
- NASA – The engineers at Johnson Space Center developed a lightweight generator in the mid-1960s that would dispense silver ions into the drinking water aboard the Apollo spacecraft to kill bacteria. In 2015, NASA approved the use of a silver-based water purification system aboard the International Space Station.
- AMERICA’S HISTORY WITH SILVER –
- By the 1800s, silver nitrate was used to treat wounds and skin ulcers.
- In 1852, it was discovered that using fine silver wires for sutures helped heal repaired flesh.
- In the Old West, silver coins were dropped into drinking water barrels for protection against water-borne illness
- During the Civil War, silver was used to treat syphilis.
- In the 1880s, the use of silver nitrate in the eyes of newborn infants to prevent post-delivery infections was introduced.
- Colloidal Silver was first discovered in the 1890’s.
- Silver was used to treat infections on the World War I battlefields, but medicinal usage of silver declined shortly thereafter with the discovery of antibiotics.
- By the 1930s, Colloidal silver was the preferred choice of physicians for empowering the immune system and supporting the body’s innate healing process.
- Silver based Sulfadiazine has been the standard of care in burn centers worldwide since 1968.
Next time you feel a cold or flu coming on, or if you suffer from any auto immune disorders, hopefully you feel educated enough to give silver a try.
Love & RAWspect,
Terri, aka t-RAW